Mock Test Series 2017: Mock Test- 20
1. In astronomical context, the terms Great Red Spot and String of Pearls are associated with which planet?
2. Recently, the Madras High Court has issued an order for the removal of ‘Seemai Karuvelam’ trees across the Madurai district. What is the reason for the removal of “Seemai Karuvelam”?
3. The term BRICS Continent Reserve Arrangement (CRA) is associated to:
4. Consider the following statements about the Biotech-KISAN:
- It is a Farmer centric scheme launched by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- The scheme aims to provide special support to the women entrepreneur in their small enterprises
5. Consider the following statements about the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI):
- The board aims to regulate the functioning of insolvency professionals
- The Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the ex-officio chairperson of the board
6. The newly formed committee named “Disha” is associated with:
7. The Prestigious Buddhavanam Project is a tourism project of which state government?
8. Recently, our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi released a book titled “The Birds of Banni Grassland”. The Banni Grassland is located in which state of India?
9. Consider the following statements about the recently launched first ever Agricultural Marketing & Farm Friendly Reforms Index:
- The Index has been published by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Gujarat has been ranked first in the published Index
10. The terms ‘Aryaman’ and ‘Atulya’, which were frequently making news, are:
11. Identify the personality with the help of given information:
- She was a social reformer and poet and is often described as “one of the first-generation modern Indian feminists"
- She opened a care center called "Balhatya Pratibandhak Griha" for pregnant rape victims
- Bavan Kashi Subodh Ratnakar is a famous book of her poems published posthumously in 1982
- On 3 January, 2017, Google paid tribute to the social reformer in the form of doodle
12. The term PMGDISHA, which was recently making news, is associated to which of the following?
13. Consider the following statements about the Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan:
- It was inaugurated to mark the 125th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar
- It aimed to generate nation-wide efforts to increase social harmony and to foster farmers’ progress
14. Consider the following statements about the recently launched Project DISHA by the Airports Authority of India (AAI):
- It aims at improving services and hospitality at airports
- The AAI is using social media platform Whatsapp for issuing directives to airports and to implement the project
15. Consider the following statements about the Smart Food Initiative:
- The Smart Food initiative is founded by the Food and Agriculture Organization
- Millets and sorghum have been chosen as the first two Smart Foods under the initiative
16. Consider the following statements about the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI):
- It is a statutory body as per Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
- It comes under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
17. Ashalim project, a large-scale solar power project, is an initiative of which country?
18. The world's first Genetic Garden of Halophytes has been set up at which of the following places?
19. India signed a global treaty called the Stockholm Convention. The convention makes it mandatory for the signatories to ban/phase out the use of which of the following?
20. The term, Wolf 1061c, which was frequently making news, is a newly discovered:
21. Which country has developed the World's first 'water-wave laser'?
22. The term “Bogor Goals” which was frequently making news, is associated with:
23. Consider the following Apps launched by the government with services provided by them:
- GARV App→ provides access to digital textbooks and eResources
- DGFT App→ provide information about foreign trade policy
- Bhim App→ to promote digital payment
24. Consider the following statements about the Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan:
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development
- It aims to create awareness among the people about digital and cashless economy
25. Consider the following statements about the term “Vanjeevan, which was frequently making news:
- It is a National Resource Centre for Tribal Livelihood
- It aims to provide skill training and promote entrepreneurship among tribals
26. Consider the following statements about the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- The scheme is implemented by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- The scheme aims to provide free LPG connections to BPL households
27. Consider the following statements about the Budapest Convention:
- It is the first international treaty to address Internet and cybercrime
- India has signed as well as ratified the treaty
28. Which of the following is the newly introduced service in India?
29. Consider the following statements about the second generation bio fuels:
- Second generation bio fuels are made from marginal croplands unsuitable for food production
- India’s first Second Generation (2G) Bio-refinery is proposed to be set-up at Bathinda in Punjab
30. Consider the following statements about the proposed permanent single tribunal for Inter State Water Dispute in India:
- The tribunal will be headed by a chairperson appointed by the Chief Justice of India
- The tribunal has to award its decision within three years
31. Consider the following statements about the Controller General of Accounts (CGA):
- It works under the Ministry of Finance
- It is a constitutional body
32. Which two countries are involved in the dispute over sovereignty of the Chagos Islands?
33. Consider the following statements about the Resolution 2322:
- It has been adopted by UN Security Council
- It aims to enhance the efficacy of international legal and judicial systems
34. Recently, Scientists of the Botanical Survey of India (BSI) have found a new species of Zingiber which possesses ethno-medicinal uses. The pseudo stem of the new species is predominantly red in colour and the tuberous roots are used to treat abdominal pain and anti-helminthic troubles. In which part of India it has been discovered?
35. Consider the following statements about the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovations (CEPI):
- It is an initiative of World Health Organization (WHO)
- It aims to finance and coordinate the development of new vaccines
36. Which country is working to set up the world’s highest altitude gravitational wave telescopes?
37. Mercury poisoning in India is a major environment and public health concern. Mercury is most commonly used in:
- Compact fluorescent lamps
- Antiseptic agents
- Electrical switches
38. Which of the following vaccines have been included as part of Universal Immunization Programme (UIP)?
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV)
- Rotavirus vaccine
- Measles Rubella (MR) vaccine
- Adult Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccine
39. Consider the following water conservation methods with states to which they are associated:
- Madakas→ Karnataka
- Pemghara→ Odisha
- Johads→ Rajasthan
40. India’s first International Stock Exchange has been recently inaugurated at which of the following places?
41. Consider the following statements about the Regional Connectivity Scheme-UDAN:
- It is a market-based mechanism to develop the regional aviation market
- The scheme envisages providing connectivity to un-served and under-served airports of the country through revival of existing air-strips and airports
42. Which Asian country left the Commonwealth in October 2016, claiming that it was "unfairly and unjustly" treated by the global body?
43. Mata Prasad Committee, sometimes seen in news, is associated to:
44. Vayoshreshtha Samman is the National Award presented to:
45. India’s first "Cardless and PIN less" Aadhaar based ATM was launched at which of the following places?
46. Leaders' Retreat 2016 Outcome Document is associated to which of the following groups/organizations?
47. Which of the following is/are recognized as Minor Forest Produce (MFP) as per Forest Rights Act (FRA) of 2006?
- Tendu leaves
48. Identify the protected area with the help of given information:
- The park is known for its rare and endangered endemic wildlife such as hispid hare, golden langur and pygmy hog
- It was declared a World Heritage site in December 1985 by UNESCO
- The site has a tiger reserve, an elephant reserve and a biosphere reserve
49. Consider the following statements about the Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitats (IDWH) Scheme:
- The scheme provides technical and financial assistance to states for protection of wildlife habitat
- The main aim of the scheme is to is to recover critically endangered species and habitats outside protected areas
50. Consider the following satellites:
51. Consider the following protected areas:
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary
- Keoladeo National Park
52. Recently, our researchers have discovered a new termite species Glyptotermes Chiraharitae. In which part of India has it been discovered?
53. Consider the following waterfalls with states where they are located:
- Duduma Falls→ Odisha
- Nohkalikai Falls→ Meghalaya
- Kunchikal Falls→ Karnataka
54. Consider the following statements about the Shola Grassland:
- Shola forests are predominantly found in the Eastern Himalayas
- They have short life and take a short time from germination to reach maturity
55. Consider the following statements about the Conservation Reserves:
- Conservation Reserves can be declared by the State Governments in any area owned by the Government
- The rights of people living inside a Conservation Reserve are not affected
56. Consider the following statements about the National Board for Wildlife (NBWL):
- Union Minister of Environment and Forests is the chairperson of NBWL
- National Board for Wild Life is a “Statutory Organization” constituted under the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972
57. Consider the following differences between a National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary:
- While in a Sanctuary certain rights can be allowed to people living inside, in a National Park no such rights are allowed
- While for any kind of exploitation activity in wildlife sanctuary it requires permission of State Board of Wildlife, for any kind of activity in National park it requires permission of the National Board for Wildlife
58. Consider the following statements:
- The PAs are constituted and governed under the provisions of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972
- Protected areas can be declared by both central as well as state governments
59. Consider the following countries:
- North Korea
60. Identify the Ramsar Site with the help of given information:
- The site is one of two high-altitude wetlands of India, and is situated at an altitude of about 4300 metres
- The site faces the Mulkila group of high snow peaks
- The site is a favourite halting place for the shepherds
- The site is home to species like Snow Cock, Chukor, Black Ring Stilt, Kestrel, Golden Eagle, Chough, Red Fox and Blue Sheep
61. Consider the following statements about the Cattle Genomics Scheme:
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Science and Technology
- It aims to increase the productivity of indigenous cattle through Genome sequencing of indigenous cattle breeds
62. Consider the following statements about the Orphan drugs and diseases:
- Orphan drugs are specialized drugs developed to treat rare diseases
- Gaucher's disease is an orphan disease
63. The Hakki Pikki tribal community, which was recently in news for making protests in demand for land, is native to which state?
64. In 2014, India signed a global treaty called Minamata Convention. The convention makes it mandatory for the signatories to ban/phase out the use of _?
65. Consider the following statements about the Central Adoption Resource Information Guidance System (CARINGS):
- It is an e-governance measure to facilitate child adoption
- It contains a centralized data bank of adoptable children and PAPs
66. India's first floating elementary school has been started in which of the following states?
67. Consider the following statements about the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO):
- It is a statutory body under Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952
- It is under the administrative control of Ministry of Labour and Employment
68. Consider the following statements about the Public Account Committee:
- It consists of members from Lok Sabha as well as Rajya Sabha
- Its members are elected according to principle of proportional representation by means of the single transferable vote
- The chairperson of the committee is appointed by the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
69. Consider the following statements about the Raisina Dialogue:
- It is held jointly by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation
- The theme of the first dialogue held in 2016 was "Connecting Asia"
70. Which of the following can be declared by the state government?
- National Park
- Conservation Reserves
- Community Reserves
- Wildlife Sanctuary
- Tiger Reserve
71. Which is the First state in India to have a ‘Happiness Department’?
72. Consider the following statements about the Tundra Climate:
- Tundra regions are found in the northern as well as in southern hemispheres
- The annual temperature ranges in the region are large
- The diurnal temperature ranges in the region are small
73. Consider the following statements about the Anti-Defection Law:
- The law was added via the 52nd Amendment Act
- The Chairman or the Speaker of the House takes the decision to disqualify a member
74. Which of the following rocks are most likely to contain fossils?
75. Consider the following statements about the ocean currents:
- While the ocean currents in northern hemisphere move in clockwise direction, those in southern hemisphere move in counter clockwise direction
- While ocean currents on the eastern side of the continents are warm currents, ocean currents on the western side of the continent are cold currents
76. Project Foghorn aims to:
77. Which of the following projects have been clubbed with the Integrated Development of Wildlife Habitats (IDWH) scheme?
- Project Elephant
- Project Tiger
- Project Snow Leopard
- Project Bustard
78. Which of the following are lead financers of South Asia Regional Trade and Integration Programme?
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- World Bank (WB)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Department for International Development (DfID)
79. Consider the following statements about INSAT-3DR:
- It is a miniature satellite developed by ISRO
- It has been placed into a geo-transfer orbit
- It will provide both meteorological and rescue services
80. Which of the following banks launched India’s first digital bank on a mobile phone?
81. Global value chains (GVCs) are prominent features of the international trade. Global Value Chain was introduced for the first time by:
82. Consider the following reports with bodies which publish them:
- Global Competitiveness Report→ World Bank
- World Development Report (WDR)→ International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- World Economic Outlook (WEO) → World Economic Forum (WEF)
83. The New Teachers Training Programme launched by the government is dedicated to which of the following personalities?
84. Consider the following statements about the SAARC Food Bank:
- The Food Bank is administered by the SAARC Food Bank Board
- The Saarc Food Security Reserve Board meets once a year
85. Consider the following differences between petrol and diesel:
- Diesel delivers greater power and ensures better mileage in comparison to petrol
- Diesel has higher sulphur content in comparison to petrol
86. Which two countries recently signed the memorandum of obligations to become full members of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)?
87. Consider the following statements about Gas Hydrates:
- Gas hydrates are crystalline form of methane and water
- They are mainly found in marine sediments on continental shelf margins
88. The term Specific Relief Act, sometimes seen in news, is associated to:
89. The term Operation Resolute Support, sometimes seen in news, is associated to:
90. Kalyan Sona, Girija and Sonalika are varieties of _?
91. The famous Sunflower Movement of 2014 is associated to which of the following regions of the world?
92. Fog, a major concern during the winter period, usually appears over a region with:
- High humidity
- High pressure
- High speed winds
93. Which of the following fauna has been provided with 'National Heritage Animal' Status by the Indian Government?
94. If a Panchayat is dissolved prior to expiry of the prescribed term of five years, then the fresh elections are to be held within:
95. Consider the following statements about Project Insight:
- It is an initiative of Finance Ministry
- It aims to effectively track tax evaders
96. Consider the following statements about the recently launched Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga project:
- It is a project which aims to set up several hydroelectric projects in the Ganga basin
- Loharinag Pala hydel project is the first hydroelectric project inaugurated under the ambitious Urja Ganga project
97. Consider the following statements about the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA):
- The programme aims to provide free special antenatal care to pregnant women in their second or third trimesters
- It aims to reduce maternal and infant mortality rates through safe pregnancies and safe deliveries
98. Consider the following statements about the Sir Creek region:
- The region is a disputed tidal estuary between India and Pakistan
- The region is known for the presence of oil and gas below the sea bed
99. Consider the following statements about the African Asian Rural Development Organization (AARDO):
- It is an autonomous, inter-Governmental organization established in 1962
- It has its headquarters in New Delhi
- India is one of the Founder Members of the Organization
100. Logistics Performance Index (LPI) report is published by: