Mock Test Series 2017: Mock Test- 21
1. Consider the following statements about the term “Tri-Netra”, which was recently in news:
- It is a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft system recently introduced in Indian Navy
- It has been developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation
2. Which country has invited India to join in developing next-generation nuclear reactor and to participate in its multipurpose fast research reactor (MBIR) project?
3. Consider the following statements about Bio-indicator Lidar instrument (BILI):
- It is remote-sensing instrument that use light to detect particles in the atmosphere
- The Instrument has been developed by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
4. Consider the following statements about the CubeSats:
- CubeSats are a class of nanosatellites
- StudSat-1 is the first CubeSat satellite launched by India
5. Consider the following statements about the Pigeon Pea variant Pusa Arhar 16, which was frequently in news:
- It takes less time to mature in comparison to other available varieties
- It requires less water and is suitable for mechanized harvesting
- It is a dwarf pigeon pea created by the scientists at the Indian Institute of Plantation Management (IIPM)
6. Consider the following statements about Suryamitra, which was recently in news:
- It is a GPS based mobile app developed by Tata Power Solar
- It aims to provide employability and entrepreneurship to rural and urban youth & women
7. Consider the following statements about the Jal Kranti Abhiyan:
- Under the Abhiyan, a model command area of about 1000 hectare is selected in a State
- A district level committee under the chairmanship of the District Magistrate identifies the Model Command Area
8. Consider the following statements about the Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana:
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- It aims to deepen the sports culture among the rural youth
9. Consider the following statements about the Sagar Port Project:
- It is an initiative to promote port-led direct and indirect development across India
- The geographical regions where the ports will be developed will be called Coastal Economic Zones (CEZs)
10. Consider the following statements about the International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN):
- ISGAN is an agreement under International Energy Agency (IEA)
- India is one of the founding Member of ISGAN
11. Consider the following statements about the recently released national newspaper ‘Saanjhi Saanjh’:
- It has been released by Ministry for Social Justice and Empowerment
- This newspaper is dedicated to Senior Citizens
12. Kachchatheevu, an uninhabited island, is a disputed territory between which two countries?
13. Which of the following statements are correct about the India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2015?
- Madhya Pradesh has the largest forest cover in terms of area
- Mizoram has the highest forest cover in percentage terms
- Maximum increase in forest cover has been observed in Arunachal Pradesh
14. Consider the following toxic substances found in drinking water with impacts they make on human body:
- Cadmium→ damage to the lungs
- Mercury→ loss of appetite
- Selenium→ skin disease
15. Identify the dance form with the help of given information:
- The dance recently found a place in the Guinness World Records
- It was conceived in 17th century by Vaishnava poet Siddhendra Yogi and has been revived and modernised by Vempatti Chinna Satyam
- It is one of the major Indian classical dance forms
- The technique of this dance form incorporates all three aspects of historic art namely, Nrita, Nritya and Natya
16. Which of the following statements is correct about Project MIDAS?
17. Consider the following statements about the RESOURCESAT-2A satellite:
- It is a remote sensing satellite
- It has been launched into the polar Sun Synchronous Orbit
18. Dengue can circulate with the help of:
19. Consider the following statements about the term “SWATHI”, which was recently in news:
- It is a weapon locating radar
- It has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation
20. Consider the following statements about DISANET, which was recently in news:
- It is a low-cost communication system developed by IIT Madras
- It will enable rescue workers to communicate with a locally established centre during natural disasters
21. Consider the following statements about the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS):
- It is a serious form of pneumonia
- It is a viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus
22. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has declared the year 2017 as the International Year of:
23. Consider the following statements about the Swasthya Rakshan Program:
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- It aims to generate awareness among the people about the Individual Health and domestic surroundings through mass campaigning
24. Consider the following statements about the Chikungunya:
- It can be transferred from human to human only by mosquitoes
- Indian scientists have developed a low-cost vaccine VPM1002 to prevent chikungunya
25. The India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2015 states that there has been an increase in:
- Very Dense Forest
- Open Forest Area
- Mangrove Forest
- Tree Cover
26. Which telescope was in news for capturing the images of galaxy UGC 12591, located 400 million light-years away?
27. Which of the following is correct about the Dvorak technique?
28. Consider the following statements about the Hydrocarbon Exploration Licensing Policy:
- It offers single license to explore conventional and unconventional oil and gas resources
- It permits investors to select the exploration blocks after accessing historic data of India through the national data repository
29. Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s longest cable-bridge. The bridge is located in which state of India?
30. Recently, the scientists discovered the oldest fossil on Earth. In which country it has been discovered?
31. Consider the following statements about the term Kurukh, which was recently in news:
- It is a tribal language spoken by the Oraon tribal community
- It is of Austro-Asiatic origin
32. Consider the following statements about the recently launched Housing for All Scheme:
- Under the scheme, the government aims to provide an environmentally safe and secure pucca house to every rural household by 2022
- The programme uses Socio Economic Census 2011 data for the selection of beneficiaries
33. Mannavaram power project, which was recently in news, is located in which state?
34. Which of the following form a part of Consolidated Fund of India?
- Personal income tax
- Excise duty
- Customs duty
35. Recently, the scientists at the Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur claimed that they have found evidence of the “lost” ancient Indian River called Chandrabhaga. The evidence for the existence of the river has been found in which state of India?
36. The term “Jakarta Concord” which was recently in news, is associated with:
37. Consider the following statements about the Saur Sujala Yojana:
- The scheme aims to provide solar powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a subsidized price
- Chhattisgarh became the first state to implement the scheme
38. Which of the following is the India’s first and only Minority Cyber Gram village?
39. Consider the following statements about the National Ayurveda Day:
- It was celebrated on 28th October for the year 2016
- It is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Sushruta, an ancient Indian physician
40. Consider the following schemes:
- Hamari Dharohar
- Cyber Gram
- Nai Manzil
41. Identify the National Park with the help of given information:
- The National Park has been recently declared as the tiger reserve on February 24, 2016
- It is located on the north bank of Brahmaputra
- Beside a viable tiger population, the park is also known for one-horned rhino habitat
42. NASA’s Europa Clipper mission is to investigate the habitability of Europa, an icy moon of the planet _?
43. Consider the following blood disorders:
- Sickle Cell disease
44. Identify the state with the help of given information:
- The state is a landlocked state in North East India
- Green imperial pigeon is the state bird
- The state has a tropical savanna climate, designated Aw under the Koppen climate classification
- Most of the state lies within the Indomalaya ecozone
45. Which country’s government recently withdrew its largest banknote 100-bolivar from circulation in its latest attempt to tackle the world’s worst inflation crisis?
46. The First International Agro biodiversity Congress– IAC 2016 was held at which of the following places?
47. Consider the following statements about Sickle Cell Anemia:
- It is a common blood disorder passed down from parents to children
- In India, the disorder is mainly confined to dravidians and pre-dravidians tribes inhabiting malaria endemic regions
48. The world’s largest solar power plant has been recently inaugurated in which state of India?
49. Which of the following are included in the UNESCOs list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity?
50. The Minimum Mapping Unit (MMU) for the forest cover assessment in India is:
51. Consider the following statements about the Gaofen Project:
- It is a high-definition earth observation project of China
- It aims to place seven observation satellites before 2020
52. The India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2015 states that the majority of the increase in forest cover has been observed in:
53. Which two countries participated for the first time in Olympics 2016?
54. In which of the following states India’s first smart tribal village has been inaugurated?
55. Consider the following languages:
56. Consider the following Buddhist stupas with states where they are located:
- Bharut stupa→ Madhya Pradesh
- Amravati stupa→ Andhra Pradesh
- Dhamek stupa→ Uttar Pradesh
57. Which Ministry is associated to the vision of “Gati Se Pragati”?
58. India’s largest solar power park is under construction in which state?
59. Consider the following statements about the National Value Capture Policy Framework:
- It promotes large investments in developing public infrastructure & distortionary speculative activities
- Both Central as well as State Governments are implementing the Value Capture Policy Framework for development projects
60. Recently, the Union government has envisaged providing "Universal Identity Cards" to:
61. The recently launched Operation Save Kurma by the Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB) aims to protect _?
62. Consider the following statements about the Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee (GEAC):
- It has been established under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC)
- It deals with approval of activities involving large scale use of hazardous microorganisms and recombinants
63. Which of the following state governments has recently launched the Asia's first “Gyps Vulture Reintroduction Programme”?
64. Consider the following statements about the Urban Forestry Scheme:
- The scheme aims at climate change mitigation by creating a carbon sink in polluted cities
- The scheme includes a "smriti van" service which encourages people to plant saplings in memory of their beloved
65. Which of the following ministries organized the International conference on the VISION ZERO?
66. The term HIMANSH, which was recently making news, is:
- a high altitude research station in Himalaya
- located in the remote region in Lahaul-Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh
67. India’s first net zero energy building has been constructed at which of the following places?
68. Smart National Common Mobility Card (NCMC):
- is an initiative of Ministry of Urban Development
- provides the user with seamless travel as well as retail shopping and purchases facilities
69. Consider the following cities:
70. The Pam Rajput committee, sometimes seen in news, is associated with:
71. Consider the following statements:
- Montreal protocol is an international treaty that aims to phase out the ozone depleting substances
- Basel Convention is an international treaty that aims to reduce the movements of hazardous waste between nations
72. Consider the following pairs:
- Surya Kiran-XI→ joint military exercise between India and Nepal
- Al Nagah-II→ joint military exercise between India and Oman
- MITRA SHAKTI 2016→ joint military exercise between India and Sri Lanka
73. Consider the following statements about the Jal Gram Yojana:
- Under the scheme, three villages in every district are being selected as Jal Grams
- A district level committee under the chairmanship of the District Magistrate identifies the Jal Grams
74. Consider the following statements about the Bio Carbon Fund Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes (ISFL):
- It is a public-private collaborative effort around the world to reduce emissions
- It is managed by the World Bank
- It was launched at the UNFCCC climate conference CoP19 at Warsaw, Poland
75. Which of the following statements is/are correct about National Green Tribunal (NGT)?
- Appeals from NGT can only go to the Supreme Court and not to high courts
- Chairperson of the NGT can only be removed from office in like manner and on the like grounds as a Judge of the Supreme Court
76. The Recently launched scheme titled “Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD)” by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) aims to promote:
77. Consider the following statements about the Living Planet Report:
- It is published every two years by the Fauna & Flora International (FFI)
- As per the report, the rate of mass extinction of mammals is much higher in comparison of extinction of birds, reptiles and amphibians
78. India’s first Medipark has been proposed to be set up in which state?
79. TRAFFIC is a joint programme of:
80. Which of the following statements is/are correct about the Draft Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2016?
- The draft provides for the establishment of State Level Wetland Authority in each state
- The new draft rules mention categorising a land as wetland on the basis of biodiversity, reefs & mangroves
81. As per the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) 2017 report, 45 per cent of the total 1263 species of birds available in India, are found in which state?
82. The blue flowers of Neelakurinji that blossoms only once in 12 years are predominantly found in:
83. Consider the following places in news with countries associated to them:
- Aleppo→ Syria
- Kunduz→ Afghanistan
- Sanaa→ Yemen
84. The Dugong and Seagrass Conservation Project aims to enhance the conservation of dugongs and their associated seagrass ecosystems in which of the following countries?
- Sri Lanka
85. Consider the following tribes with states where they are mainly concentrated:
- Lushai Tribe→ Mizoram
- Asur Tribe→ Jharkhand
- Dongria Kondh→ Odisha
86. Which of the following Ministries is responsible for the schemes like Nai Roshni, Nai Manzil and USTTAD?
87. Consider the following Tiger Reserves with states where they are located:
- Kawal Tiger Reserve→ Telangana
- Sunabeda Tiger Reserve→ Odisha
- Ratapani Tiger Reserve→ Madhya Pradesh
88. Consider the following technologies which were recently in news:
- Varunastra Torpedo
- Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas
- Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LR-SAM)
89. The India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2015 states that the maximum increase in forest cover has been observed in _?
90. The Readiness Fund and the Carbon Fund are associated to:
91. Prime Minister is chairperson of:
- National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC)
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)
- National Committee on Trade Facilitation (NCTF)
92. Consider the following biosphere reserves:
- Gulf of Mannar Biosphere Reserve
- Agasthyamalai Biosphere Reserve
- Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve
93. The excess of total disbursements from the Consolidated Fund, excluding repayment of debt, over the total receipts into the Fund (excluding the debt receipts) during the financial year is called _?
94. Scaling Up Nutrition Initiative Technical Assistance (SUNITA) fund has been started to support which country?
95. South Asia Food and Nutrition Security Initiative (SAFANSI) was established by the _?
96. Muziris Heritage Project is a Green Project of which state?
97. The World Economic Situation and Prospects 2017 (WESP) has been published by the:
98. Consider the following statements about the Global Platform for Sustainable Cities (GPSC):
- It is a forum for knowledge sharing and partnership to achieve urban sustainability
- It is a joint initiative of Global Environment Facility (GEF) and World Bank
99. Consider the following statements about the Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK):
- The programme introduces community based interventions through peer educators to address the health needs of adolescent
- The programme defines an adolescent as a person within 10-19 years of age, in urban as well as in rural areas
100. Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad, which was recently in news, is associated with which country?