UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: September 29, 2017
- While highlighting the importance of hydrological data for India, critically discuss how water has emerged as a new divide in Sino-Indian relations in recent years. Is there some kind of international arrangement with hydrological data sharing between co-riparian countries?
Category – GS-II- India and its Neighborhood Relations
- Critically examine the constitutional and legal provisions for transfer of judges of higher judiciary in India.
Category – GS-II: Appointment to various Constitutional Posts, Powers, Functions and Responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- While highlighting the need to regulate the private detectives, mention the provisions of proposed Private Detective Agencies (Regulation) Bill.
Category – GS-II: mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
- “The efforts to modernize the police should be complemented with functional and organizational reforms.” Discuss.
Category – GS-II: Governance & Public Administration
- Why India does not want to ratify the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction? Discuss critically.