The governor of a state in India is empowered to make appointments of :
1. Chief Minister of state
2. Chief justice of state high courts
3. Tribal Welfare ministers in certain states
4. Advocate general of state
5. State election commissioner
Choose the correct options from the codes given below:
- Governor appoints the chief minister and other ministers. They also hold office during his pleasure.
- Governor also appoints a Tribal Welfare minister in the states of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
- Governor appoints the advocate general and determines his remuneration. Advocate general holds office during the pleasure of the governor.
- The Governor appoints state election commissioner but this office is not under his pleasure. State election commissioner can be removed only in like manner and on the like grounds as a judge of a high court.
- Governor appoints the chairman and members of the state public service commission. However, they can be removed only by the president and not by a governor.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module