Consider the following statements about Interstate Council:
1. Inter-state Council was established under the provisions of Constitution of India
2. It is generally a recommendatory body
3. The Prime Minister of India is the chairman of the Inter-state Council
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
If at any time it appears to the President that the public interests would be served by the establishment of a Council charged with the duty of—
1. inquiring into and advising upon disputes which may have arisen between States
2. investigating and discussing subjects in which some or all of the States, or the Union and one or more of the States, have a common interest; or
3. making recommendations upon any such subject and, in particular, recommendations for the better co-ordination of policy and action with respect to that
4. subject, it shall be lawful for the President by order to establish such a Council, and to define the nature of the duties to be performed by it and its organization and procedure.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module