Consider the following observations with respect to Indian agriculture:
1. Disguised unemployment is one of the major reasons of low productivity in India
2. Most parts of India have subsistence Agriculture
3. Only one third of total cropped area is irrigated in India
Which among the above observations is / are correct?
The Salient Features of Indian agriculture are as follows:
- Most parts of India have subsistence Agriculture
- Huge part of population is dependent on farming, so Pressure of population on Agriculture
- Even after four decades of green revolution, full farm mechanisation has not been possible.
- Only one third of total cropped area is irrigated.
- Indian agriculture is known for a large variety of crops due to variation in physiography and climate across country
- There are three distinct crop seasons viz. Rabi, Kharif and Zaid.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module