Consider the following categories of the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species:
Which among the following is the correct order of the categories showing increasing threat to the species in these categories ?
- Extinct (EX) – No individuals remaining.
- Extinct in the Wild (EW) – Known only to survive in captivity
- Critically Endangered (CR) – Extremely high risk of extinction in the wild.
- Endangered (EN) – High risk of extinction in the wild.
- S. Vulnerable (VU) – High risk of endangerment in the
- Near Threatened (NT) – Likely to become endangered in the near future.
- Least Concern (LC) – Lowest risk.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module