Which among the following events took place during the tenure of Lord Curzon?
1. Partition of Bengal
2. Enactment of Punjab Land Alienation Act
3. Appointment of a Famine Commission
4. Establishment of Imperial Cadet Corps
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
Some important things done by Lord Curzon:
- Appointed Famine Commission which submitted its report in 1901
- Extension of Railways and Irrigation
- Reduction of Sales tax to Half.
- All other agencies except the government forbidden to mint coins
- British Pound made legal tender in India @15 Rupees.
- Limit of Taxable land increased from 500 to 1000 rupees a month
- CID department established in every province Salary of constables were increased.
- Official element in the management of universities was increased.
- Ancient Monument preservation act was passed
- Imperial Cadet Corps was founded in 1901
- Partition of Bengal.
Further, Lord Curzon had introduced the Punjab Land Alienation Act in 1900. In this act, it was laid down that non-peasant could NOT buy lands from the peasants and neither could be attached their lands in case of nonpayment of debts and nor keep the land in mortgage. The result was the moneylenders stopped lending money and Lord Curzon had to open banks and these societies.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module