What is / are the objectives of using tubeless tyres in the aircrafts?
1. To reduce chances of detatching the tyre from the rim
2. To make them withstand shocks better
3. To allow them withstand heat
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
The aircraft tyre needs to accelerate from standstill to a high speed instantaneously and may have a significant crosswind offset load, so
there’s a high probability of detatching the tyre from the rim. Further, there are several advantages of tubeless tyres as follows:
- Maintenance of air pressure
- Puncture proof
- They can withstand shocks etc better
- Heat is produced during landing. As there is no tube, there is no possibility of the tube stretching
- An air-retaining lining is provided between tyre and steel rim which does not have spokes or holes.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module