The Hyogo Framework for Action was adopted in a United Nations Conference for which among the following for the period of 2005-15?
World Conference on Disaster Reduction is a United Nations conference bringing together government officials, non-governmental experts and other specialists from around the world to discuss the growing trend of people affected by natural disasters. The first WCDR conference was held in Kobe, Japan January 10- 22, 2005. The outcome of this conference was Hyogo Framework for Action. The HFA suggests five specific priorities for action:
- Making disaster risk reduction a priority;
- Improving risk information and early warning;
- Building a culture of safety and resilience;
- Reducing the risks in key sectors;
- Strengthening preparedness for response.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module