Which among the following is / are correct statements comparing the Alternative Current (AC) with Direct Current (DC)?
1. AC is free from voltage fluctuations in comparison to DC
2. AC can be transmitted over long distances with minimum power loss
3. In contrast with AC, DC can not be used for high voltage devices
4. In contrast with AC, DC cannot be run through a transformer
5. In contrast with AC, DC can not be used in metal-plating applications
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module