Who among the following women freedom fighters of India received the Magsaysay award (1966) for community leadership?
Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay was president of the all-India women’s conference and the Indian cooperative union, also became chairperson, all-India handicrafts board, and all-India designs centre. She became member of the Congress Socialist Party in 1948
- Participated in the freedoms struggle, was arrested in the Non-Cooperation Movement
- She took interest in solving the agrarian problems of India
- Applied efforts for the cause of labour organizations and was a front-rank leader in the women’s movement in India
- She worked towards the promotion of handicrafts and handloom in India
- She received the Watumall award (1962) and the Magsaysay award (1966) for community leadership.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module