Which among the following pertain / pertains to the Millennium Development Goals?
1. Child and Maternal Health
2. Nuclear and Chemical Weapons
3. Human Rights and Racism
4. Environment & Sustainability
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) are eight international development goals that were officially established following the Millennium Summit of the United Nations in 2000, following the adoption of the United Nations Millennium Declaration. All 193 United Nations member states and at least 23 international organizations have agreed to achieve these goals by the year 2015.
The goals are:
· eradicating extreme poverty and hunger,
· achieving universal primary education,
· promoting gender equality and empowering women
· reducing child mortality rates,
· improving maternal health,
· combating HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases,
· ensuring environmental sustainability, and
· developing a global partnership for development.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module