In context with the Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN), consider the following statements:
1. The patients are provided direct cash assistance in case of critical diseases
2. Assistance is applicable for admission into Government hospitals only
3. Government employees are not eligible for assistance
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
1. Please note that Assistance in RAN is not directly provided to the Patient but is given to the Superintendent of the hospital in which treatment is being taken.
2. Assistance admissible for treatment in Government Hospital only.
3. Central Government/State Government/P.SU employees NOT eligible.
4. While the state government can grant up to Rs 1.5 lakh after the case is assessed by a technical committee constituted at the health directorate level, if there is a cost estimated above than that, the proposal for grant is to be sent to the Centre for sanction.
5. For providing financial assistance to the needy patients, an advanced of Rs.10.00 to 40.0 lakhs is kept with the Medical Supdts of major national hospitals across the country. These hospitals can enable sanction of an amount up to Rs.1,00,000/- in each deserving case reporting for treatment in the respective Hospitals/ Institute.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module