Which of the following is / are members of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog?
- Prime Minister
- Governors of States
- Administrators of the Union Territories
- Chief Ministers of States
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
Composition of NITI Ayog
- Chairperson -Prime Minister
- Governing Council – Its members are Chief Ministers and Administrators of the Union Territories
- Regional Councils -These would be created as per need and its members would be chief ministers and administrators of UTs of respective regions.
- Vice-Chairperson – The Vice-chairperson of the Niti Ayog will be appointed by Prime Minister. The first Vice-Chairperson of Niti Ayog is Arvind Panagariya.
Further, the Niti Ayog has full time members (number unspecified), part time members (maximum 2 , these would be scholars from universities and research institutions), Ex-officio members (maximum 4, these are ministers from Union Council of Ministers), Special Invitees (appointed by PM for fixed tenure. Finally, there is a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Niti Ayog, who is appointed by Prime Minister and has a rank similar to Secretary to the Government of India.
This question is a part of GKToday's Integrated IAS General Studies Module