UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: October 4, 2017
- The international corridors are increasingly being seen as drivers of economic development in recent times. Elucidate the significance of International North South Transportation Corridor (INSTC) for India while drawing its comparisons with One Belt One Road of China.
Category – GS-II- India and its Neighborhood Relations
- Can the economic growth due to credit based consumption without the increase in investment be sustainable? Discuss keeping India in focus.
Category – GS-III: Indian Economy & Development
- Critically analyze the success and failures of MGNREGA while keeping in foci various aspects of rural development.
- While elucidating the Seven Directives by Supreme Court (2006), critically examine why these directives have not been complied with in letter and spirit by any state in the country?
Category – GS-II: Governance & Public Administration
- What is section 124A of Indian Penal Code? Do you think the provisions are still relevant in present era of free speech? Discuss.
The answers are added by GKToday team members on same day or next day. We provide compilations of these questions and their hint answers in the fortnightly CGS-2018 documents as a part of our Target 2018 membership programme.