UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: October 7, 2017
- While highlighting the efforts of International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) towards nuclear non-proliferation, critically discuss why India refused to take part in negotiations on its text.
The Wire | The Wire
Category – GS-II- Bilateral, Regional and Global Groupings and Agreements
- While examining its key proposals, discuss the possible implications of proposed corporate governance code framework on Indian corporate.
Category – GS-III: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Discuss the salient recommendations of the Kotak committee on corporate governance. Why the ministry of corporate affairs (MCA) and Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) have expressed concerns over these proposals.
Category – GS-III: Indian Economy & Development
- “The Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project has little or no justification on the grounds of economic viability or public service.” Critically discuss.
Category – GS-III: Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
- What do you understand by “Development Partnership”? Critically analyze “development partnership” as cornerstone of India’s economic ties in neighborhood and beyond.
[Generic Question from GKToday Mains Test Series Archives]
Category – GS-II- Development Industry
- UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions for Writing Practice